Although there is time, Mother’s day is approaching fast! It will be here before we know it..
Yikes.. Wasn’t it just January?
Totally not complaining, I’m looking forward to sundress season! (woo hoo)!
Any who, it wont hurt to start thinking of gift ideas now.
Instead of going with conventional gifts such as jewelry, cards, candy and flowers, wouldn’t it be nice to gift (or receive) something a little more personal this year?
Every one is different so these ideas may or may not work for your mom. However, I am positive that you will find something on this list that she will like!
1) Mom’s Day Off. Not 8 hours out of the day but the ENTIRE day to herself, to do WHATEVER she wants. Yeah, even though mom LOVES being mom, everyone needs time legit “me”. This doesn’t need to be a gift that you give on Mother’s day necessarily, I know that as a mother myself I am looking forward to spending time with my little one. HOWEVER, as a mother myself, 24 hours of me time would be AMAZING!
2) Trip to a spa, masseuse, or retreat. If your reading this blog and you know me personally *hint hint*. Seriously, carrying all of that laundry and and juggling life in general makes our muscles achy, sore, and tired. A massage or trip to the spa would be a nice way to help mom relax and unwind.
3) LISTEN TO WHAT SHES BEEN HARPING ABOUT FOR THE PAST YEAR! We as women LOVE to drop hints (ah em)! It’s almost as if its in our DNA. Listen, actually LISTEN, to what shes been complaining about. Maybe its not something that shes been complaining about but something that shes been obsessing over! It is beyond thoughtful to give her something that she has been talking about because it shows her that you’ve actually been paying attention!
4) Make something. Yeah I can already imagine what some of you are thinking. Not a very original tip. Or maybe you’re thinking “well I’m not in elementary school anymore” or “that’s for [the] kids to do”. But its an OLDIE AND GOODIE. Mothers LOVE hand made gifts from the heart. I’m not suggesting you go and make her a macaroni necklace or something else cliche. Take some time and think about what your mom likes. For example, I LOVE candles. A homemade candle from someone I love would be an awesome gift. You don’t need to get fancy with it. Cooking her a meal is making something AND it takes some of the stress off of her (especially if you decide to cook dinner for a week)! Pinterest is a great site to find many DIY ideas that will be perfect for her. If your mom has a Pinterest, try to look at what she has pinned! I assure you there is something EVERY woman wants on their Pinterest board!
5) Celebrate Mom. Mothers Day party? Why not! We have parties to celebrate birthdays, baptisms, graduations, and more! So why not celebrate the lady that helped make it all possible? It would be a nice change and surprise to have a get together with all of her loved ones to celebrate her. You can also make it a bigger event by throwing a Mother’s Day gala for all of the mom’s in the family! It is a nice way to get everyone together and put mom(s) front and center to celebrate their special day!